Tuesday, October 21, 2014

PREPARE FOR THE CHALLENGE

Before you start this challenge you will have to do a bit of prep.  Including getting your blender out of storage.  I have a garden, and the greens in my garden are going to provide most of the greens in the smoothies.  The pictures to the right are of the containers on my patio.  I started them when my garden was a bog, and even though it is now fixed, I have kept the patio pots.  They produce all the year and are easy to care for.

I have Gluten Intolerance, so there are a few things off limits.  If you don't have this problem you might like to add protein powders and thickeners to yours, but I have to be careful that there is not gluten in the protein powders.  If they don't say "Gluten Free" then they are not.  "Gluten Friendly" means "all care, no responsibility".

1.The morning smoothie (ungreen) needs no protein if you are able to add an egg.

2. Don't use the same ingredients in every smoothie, and understand that you are concentrating your greens, so a small handful of greens is good.

3. Add good fats.  this will help your mind function better, and will stop you from feeling hungry.  Coconut oil is my favourite.

4. Let your body tell you what it needs.  Expect your stools to be different because you are changing your diet probably big time.  If you tend to get constipated hold off on the extra added fibre.  If you tend the other way, then put in the fibre, a banana, and not too much fruit.

5.  You are drinking concentrated goodness, so don't take too much at a sitting.  You will overload your digestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment