Tuesday, October 21, 2014

BREAKFAST

I love a morning smoothie, and this one is terrific.
 I am not good with amounts.  I just make mine to taste.  Sometimes more of one thing, some morning more of another…  This morning I thought I would take a pic - but I decided AFTER, I had started drinking.  It was luscious.  The persimmons are from my daughters garden - her tree is just loaded.

1 egg (you could use either the whole egg, the white, or the yolk depending on dietary needs)
Half a cup of yoghurt - coconut is great
a slosh of coconut milk
1T of coconut oil (melted)
Half a frozen banana
3 fresh or dried dates
1 teaspoon of concentrated apple juice (you could use orange)
and half a cup of water
*If you are trying to gain weight, or are recovering from surgery or illness
you could add protein powder to the mix.

Put it in your blender and whiz.  Then enjoy.  In just 10 minutes you will have a wonderful rich mix.  Serve in a lovely glass with a scrape of nutmeg or cinnamon across the top to make it really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment